Java Coast



Company: Java Coast





Location: Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center  201 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD 20745



Business Hours: Open daily, 5:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m. 


Cost: Menu items range from $3 - $10


Description: A coffee bar serving eye-opening shots of espresso, soft pastries, gourmet salads and sandwiches, and delectable desserts. They also carry premium coffee drinks along with a selection of beer and wine.


Critique: This visit to Java Coast was my 1st and was brought on by the FREE holiday cookie coupons that were given to me & my family after attending the The Gaylord National Resort’s ICE!  I thought that it would be a nice end to our evening of wintery bliss.  Java Coast is located amongst a host of other restaurants inside The Gaylord National Hotel.  


It's a tiny coffee bar that serves pastries, sandwiches, espressos, coffee and such.  There's no seating, so it's just in and out.  The area around it was neatly & cleanly kept.  The food in the refrigerated compartment looked pretty fresh but it was open, which to me kind of defeated the purpose of a refrigerated compartment.


I can honestly give everything in this establishment a B+ except for the customer service.  With that being said, the employees taking the orders were not rude or disgruntle by any means BUT they were certainly NOT upfront.  This gripe goes back to receiving the FREE holiday cookie coupons from the The Gaylord National Resort’s ICE!  They were handing out these coupons left and right.  SO, you would naturally assume that Java Cost would be prepared to fulfill the demand...WRONG!  Well at least it was wrong during the hour of the day that I was there.


Instead of the employees being forthright with the customers awaiting FREE holiday cookies, they gave us the run around.  They did this by saying things such as: “The cookies are cooling.”, “They will be out in one minute.”, “They are being bagged.”  My family and I (including 2 young children) waited about an hour for these FREE holiday cookies.  In addition to my family about 10-15 other people joined us in our wait.  Of course, this was frustrating when a simple remedy would have been: “We are running behind in our batches, please be patient.”


It is understood that this is a normal response to most things in high demand, especially if they are FREE.  All I’m saying is please give me the common courtesy of HONESTY but I guess that may be too much to ask these days.  In regards to the untruthful and extensive wait, I would have to give this establishment a “D”.  I understand that things happen but when dealing with parents with children looking forward to FREE holiday cookies...please...tell the truth!

Rating:




~  Caribgem, Program Director



No comments:

Post a Comment